To promote prompt and fair resolution of a Complaint Concerning a District Employee:
1. Every effort should be made to resolve a complaint at the earliest possible stage. Whenever possible, the complainant should communicate directly to the employee in order to resolve concerns.
2. If a complainant is unable or unwilling to resolve the complaint directly with the employee, he/she may submit an oral or written complaint to the employee's immediate supervisor or the principal. If the complainant is unable to prepare the complaint in writing, administrative staff shall help him/her to do so.
3. Complaints related to a principal or district office administrator shall be initially filed in writing with the Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources Division.
4. Complaints related to the Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources Division shall be initially filed in writing with the Superintendent.
5. Complaints related to the Superintendent shall be initially filed in writing with the Board of Education.