DO YOU NEED A WORK PERMIT?
If you are under the age of 18 and required to attend school, YES you need a work permit.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR A CV WORK PERMIT?
- Must not be on the No Go List.
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA and not be failing any classes, based on current Quick Look Up
- Must have no more than 5 unexcused full day absences or no more than 30 unexcused period absences during the current semester.
- Must have no more than 10 tardies during the current semester.
STEPS TO OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT:
1. You have to find a job first and the employer must be ready to hire you.
2. Once you have found the job, print out the form below.
3. Complete the top part yourself.
4. Ask your parent or guardian to complete his or her part.
5. Give the form to your employer to complete his or her part.
6. Email the form to your College Career Center for approval.
Hawthorne: Mr. Orendain firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawndale: Ms. Marrero email@example.com
Leuzinger: Mr. Perez firstname.lastname@example.org
Lloyde: Ms. Torres email@example.com
During Summer Only: Ms. Villalobos firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The College Career Center will contact you when your permit is ready.