Sprint 1Million Project
Centinela Valley Union High School District
Sprint 1Million Project Information
CVUHSD has partnered with the Sprint 1Million Project to provide students in need with free, high-speed internet access at home via a hotspot and mobile data access. This Internet access is intended for the student to use for academic purposes. If used irresponsibly, the student could run out of high-speed data before the month ends and be forced to use slower internet speeds for the rest of the month. Students will have the option of purchasing additional high-speed data for their device if they run out.
Students who participate in the Sprint 1Million Project will receive FREE of charge:
- 1 WiFi Hotspot
- 3GB per month of free high-speed LTE data. Unlimited data at 2G speeds if user exceeds the 3GB limit in one month
- Free Sprint Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) compliant content filter with every device
Examples of what you can do with 3GB of high-speed LTE data include:
- Sending 300 emails per month
- Visiting 240 web pages per month
- Making 60 social media posts
- Watching 480 minutes (or 8 hours) of video per month
Visit the Sprint Wireless Data Calculator webpage to see what you can do with 3GB of data: https://www.sprint.com/landings/datacalculator/index.html.
*Students must qualify to participate in this program by meeting Sprint's 1Million Program requirements. Sprint provides CVUHSD with a limited number of hotspots each year and these are assigned to students based upon need and application date.