Citizens' Oversight Committee
Citizens' Oversight Committee Recruitment
The Board of Trustees of the Centinela Valley Union High School District is seeking qualified, interested individuals to serve on a committee of community leaders which will serve as the independent Citizens' Oversight Committee ("COC") for the District's Measure CV, Measure LP and Measure SP bond programs.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens' Oversight Committee shall:
- Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Measure CV, Measure LP and Measure SP bond proceeds;
- Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure CV, Measure LP and Measure SP bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in the Measures; and
- Present to the Board of Trustees in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure CV, Measure LP and Measure SP bond proceeds.
We have a vacancy in the following membership category:
- Taxpayer Organization Member
Community members may also apply for one of the following membership categories. Applicants for these categories will be put on a waitlist and their applications reviewed once an opening becomes available.
- Business Representative
- Senior Citizen Group Representative
- Parent / Guardian of a Child Enrolled in the District
- Parent / Guardian of a Child Enrolled in the District & Active in the PTO
- At-Large Community Member - Resident of CVUHSD
If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of this committee, please have them apply.