California Alternate Assessment (Cal Alt)
The California Alternate Assessment in English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics will be administered to all students who have a significant cognitive disability in grades three through eight and grade eleven.
For the 2015–16 school year, the field test window will occur April 11, 2016 through June 9, 2016.
The Cal Alt will utilize computer-based technology for test administration. Test items are aligned with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and are based on the Core Content Connectors (CCCs) that were developed with three tiers of complexity. The field test will consist of approximately 15 items in each content area and is anticipated to take 45 to 60 minutes per content area. (California Department of Education)
· Subjects: English Language Arts and Mathematics
· Grade Levels: 3-8, and 11
· This test replaces the CAPA for English language arts and mathematics
· CAASPP Cal Alt Web Page: http://www.caaspp.org/about/caa/index.html
· CDE Alternate Assessment Webpage: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/altassessment.asp
Parents/Guardians have the option of excusing your student from any part CAASPP testing. If you would like to excuse your student from any tests, you must submit your request in writing to the school district. [Education Code 60615.] We will grant your request. Please submit your request to your student's principal as soon as possible so we can make alternative arrangements for your student.