The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT®. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
- To receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study
- To see how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying
- To enter competition for scholarships from the National Merit Scholarship program (11th graders only)
- To help prepare you for the SAT
- To receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Services
- To gain access to My College QuickStart, an online program that personalizes your college and career planning based on your PSAT scores and your personal preferences and strengths.
PSAT Resources for Students
- PSAT Information from College Board
- PSAT Practice
- National Merit Scholarship Information
- My College Quickstart Information
For School Site Testing Coordinators
PSAT Ordering Page (requires college-board login)
College Board Online Reporting System (requires college-board login)
*It is CVUHSD district policy that we do not offer College Board tests to students who are not actively enrolled in and attending our schools.