CV Career Pathways Support Team Mission Statement:
The CV Career Pathways Support Team will provide the systems, leadership, and coaching for pathway students, teachers, and families to collaboratively implement high quality career pathways utilizing the Linked Learning approach and the 11 Elements of a High Quality CTE Program.
11 Elements of a High Quality CTE Program:
- HIGH-QUALITY CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
- CAREER EXPLORATION AND GUIDANCE
- STUDENT SUPPORT AND STUDENT LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- SYSTEM ALIGNMENT AND COHERENCE
- EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN
- SYSTEM RESPONSIVENESS TO CHANGING ECONOMIC DEMANDS
- SKILLED FACULTY AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- CTE PROMOTION, OUTREACH, MARKETING, AND COMMUNICATION
CVUHSD Graduate Profile:
- College and Career Ready Individuals: Graduates will develop and manage a clearly articulated post secondary plan that is aligned with their academic and/or career goals and personal passions.
- Effective Communicators: Graduates will be able to express thoughts and articulate ideas through verbal, non-verbal, written, and technological means.
- Ethical Leaders: Graduates will demonstrate ethical leadership through effective decision making and self management by understanding their personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Independent & Collaborative Critical Thinkers & Problem Solvers: Graduates will exercise critical thinking skills to independently and collaboratively address the nature of a problem and propose creative solutions.
- Socially Aware & Responsive Community Members: Graduates will act as productive citizens who serve in the community to improve the quality of life for their local, national, and global community.
See Below Links for Specific Professional Development Resources and Handouts: