A School Site Council (SSC) must be established at all CVUHSD Schools. The elected members of the SSC represent parents, students, community members, and school staff in school governance. By state law, the SSC must oversee the site-based budgeting of categorical funds and the development and monitoring of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). The SSC is expected to:
- Review and analyze student data to assess needs and set goals.
- Gather information from the school's English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) and other advisory groups on campus.
- Revise the Single Plan for Student Achievement with budgetary allocations.
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the SPSA on an ongoing basis.
- Revise the Home-School Compact and Parent Involvement Guidelines, as needed.
- Approve the SPSA before it is submitted to the District for final review and board approval.