Students entering CVUHSD - Documentation

Out of State/Out of District Transfers and New Students with IEPs

If the student was attending an out-of-state/out-of-district school, it is recommended that when the parents come to Centinela Valley Union High School District (CVUHSD) Special Education district office to register their child:


1. A copy of the last Annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) 


2. A copy of the last comprehensive Psycho-Educational Assessment Report (also called Triennial Evaluation) from the out-of-state/out-of district school.


3. A valid Driver's License/ID card for the parent/guardian


4. Two utility bills for the guardian showing proof of residency in Centinela Valley School District boundaries


5. If there is a shared residency, the resident's bills and ID must also be provided along with a signed affidavit for the shared



6. Last grade report for student


7. Copy of student's birth certificate


8. Any court documentation for guardianship, foster status, or court-ordered advocate/surrogate


This documentation is necessary, and will expedite the procedure considerably in our efforts to ensure that your child receives the most appropriate free and appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (LRE).