Where to get the retirement forms:
1. The District Resignation/Retirement Form is available on the Personnel Commission’s website.
Please make sure you submit the Resignation/Retirement Form to the Human Resources Office.
Steps to Retirement for CalPERS Members:
Throughout your career:
- Make sure your CalPERS service credit is correct. Review your service credit each time you get a statement.
- Attend CalPERS retirement seminar.
- Use the Retirement Estimate Calculator or log in to my/CalPERS to estimate your monthly benefits.
- Confirm your creditable years of service with the district to determine eligibility for health benefits after retirement.
* CalPERS (Regional Call Center) (888) 225-7377, or on the web at www.calpers.ca.gov.
- Notify your site supervisor of your intent to retire.
You will receive a retirement letter regarding benefits.
Requests to Substitute after retirement:
Notify the Office of the Personnel Commission in writing that you would like to work as a substitute after retirement. Please be reminded that CalPERS limits the amount you can earn post-retirement. In addition, CalPERS places restrictions on substituting for the first 180 days of retirement. For additional information, please contact CalPERS directly.