Centinela Valley Union High School District
The Centinela Valley Union High School District was formed in 1905 and was originally known as the Inglewood Union High School District. It was composed of the territory of Hawthorne, Inglewood (later Inglewood City), Jefferson (later Lennox), and Wiseburn School Districts. Following the formation in 1912 from territory taken from Wiseburn School District, the El Segundo School District was also a component of the High School District.
The name was changed to Centinela Valley Union High School District on November 1, 1944.
El Segundo withdrew on November 22, 1925, to form the El Segundo High School District, and on July 1, 1954, Inglewood withdrew and formed the Inglewood Unified School District.
The Centinela Valley Union High School District is a component of the El Camino Community College District.
(The above information was excerpted from a Los Angeles County Department of Education publication entitled History of School District Organization. It was published in 1975.)